Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Sensory Overload

"Humble yourselves, therefore, under God's mighty hand, that He may life you up in due time." - 1 Peter 5:6, 7

Today.

Today, my ears were temporarily deafened
by a decibel chart-shattering, eardrum ripping, sanity splitting
scccccccrrrrrreeeeeeeeeecccccccccchhhhhhhhhh
by a broken door leading into the student center.
This was nails on a chalk board times 50,000.

And then I went to a convocation by a talented guitarist.
But I had the misfortune of looking up at the giant, 3 million watt bulb
lights for no reason.
And was soundly blinded for a moment or two.
When vision returned, everything was clouded, whirling, and surreal.
It didn't take long for my eyes to snap back to normal...thank goodness.

What a day.

Then it occurred to me that the presence of God may be something like that.
Except minus the unpleasantness.
And adding in gloriousness.
...
This was a bad analogy.
But WHATEVER.
It makes sense in my head.

So anyway.

God's presence KILLED PEOPLE.
One guy just touched something the Lord had dwelled in, and he dropped dead!
Elijah was allowed to see God as He passed a cave, but God had to partially block his vision so Elijah wouldn't die!
Just gazing on Him is death!

Makes me feel like a sinful piece of flotsam.

I don't know why,
but for some reason that Holy and marvelous God
gave us His Son.

"Though our feelings come and go, God's love for us does not." - C.S. Lewis

No comments:

Post a Comment